Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Movies with Everyday Heroes

"Everyone’s a hero in their own way/ Everyone’s got villains they must face/ They’re not as cool as mine/ But folks you know it’s fine/ to know your place/ Everyone’s a hero in their own way/ In their own not-that-heroic way" – Captain Hammer, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog

There have been a ton of superhero movies in the last ten years.  Most involve people with superpowers derived from radiation (Spider-Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, etc.), mutation (X-Men, Wolverine, etc.), or technology (Batman, Iron Man, etc.)

By “everyday heroes” I mean people who don’t have any of those things going for them.  What if a normal human just happened to put on a suit?  Two movies I will recommend deal with that directly – Kick-Ass and Defendor.  A couple of other movies fall into this category – Special and Mystery Men.  While both were okay, neither was good enough for me to recommend.

The third movie I will write about then is Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.  To be honest, this movie doesn’t fit as well in this category as the other two; it is really in a category all by itself.  If I waited until there were two other movies like it, though, I would probably never end up posting on it.  I’m including it partially because I want at least three recommended movies in this category, but mostly because it is one of my Top 10 movies of 2010 and when I write about that I want to have reviews for all 10 movies already posted on this blog.

You can find my posts for these movies here:

Kick-Ass
Defendor
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

On to the reviews…

No comments:

Post a Comment